Welcome to Alnwick
This culturally rich audio tour will take you on a journey through a place steeped in Northumbrian history. Here you will learn about Alnwick dating back to 600 AD and how the small settlement has evolved into the charming and beautiful market town you see today.
Some of the locations you will have the opportunity to visit include:
- The famous castle
- Alnwick's quaint market
- It's beautiful, cosy bookstore
Enjoy the outdoors in the old Alnwick gardens and soak up the History of the untouched historic buildings. Your Tour. Your way.
- 1. Bailffate Museum tracks the rich heritage of Northumberland county through several centuries using audio-visual demonstrations, displays, and hands-on activities.
- 2. The magnificent St Michael's Church is one of the best examples of the Perpendicular style of architecture in the north of England.
- 3. As well as featuring a variety of poisonous plants, the Alnwick Gardens are also an event and social centre that hosts a wide variety of occasions and exhibitions.
- 4. The most impressive feature of the White Swan Hotel is the Olympic Suite, a massive room with panelled walls and ornamented ceilings from the RMS Olympic.